Sunday 30 March 2014

Maybelline Color Show in Clear Shine Review

Hello everyone!

As I am a big fan of nail polish and doing my nails, I thought why not start reviewing the nail products I use.

So today I am going to share with you my thoughts and opinions on the Maybelline Color Show in Clear Shine 649.



This is a line meant to have gel-like properties, no chipping and lasting power being the main characteristics. I only have two polishes from this line, one of them being the Clear Shine. 

Although this is not a top coat, I use it as one because it is really good at preventing chipping and making my nails last longer. On average I can keep my nails looking nearly perfect for about 5 to 7 days, which is quite a long time since at work my nails are always in danger of being murdered. For this reason, I think it is a really good polish, especially because it is not meant to be a top coat.

Like most things, this product has its downside too, and this is the fact that it doesn't dry quick enough. I tend to do my nails on my days off, when I don't have to rush anywhere and I can just sit with my hands laying flat for some time. But even when my nails feel fully dry, in fact they aren't. 



These pictures show the stamps my bedding left on some of my nails the last time I painted them. I had done them in the afternoon, and went to bed at about 10.30pm, after 4-5 hours since I finished doing my nails. The morning after I woke up with lovely bedding stamps. With this polish, I feel like I should be doing my nails in the morning, then do nothing all day and hopefully the next day they'll still be smooth.



Overall I would give this polish a 7 out of ten, because it does keep the polish underneath from chipping and it's not a top coat. But as you can see from the pictures the marks are quite deep.
I don't think I will be buying this particular one again, so I am looking for a good top coat instead. Feel free to give me any suggestion if you know a good, fast drying top coat.

Have you tried this? what are your thoughts and experience with it?

Alex

4 comments:

  1. That happens to me all the time! I wait forever for my nails to dry and I still get marks on them. Thanks for the review
    XO, Steph
    http://sunberrystyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. shame it didn't dry properly! I always get bored when I'm waiting and mine never dry completely! X

    http://istylethereforeiiwear.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so an amazing colour for Spring :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo I am so excited to read that you'll be reviewing nail products more often! I also love doing my nails.

    This Maybelline product sounds great! Drying your nails is always a mission but I have a great Revlon spray that I use to quick dry them! Works like a charm!

    New follower on GFC and Bloglovin xxx

    www.bohemianmuses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete