Friday 31 January 2014

2013 favourites

The new year has started a month ago, I cannot believe January is over! It might be a little late, but as I only just started my blog, I thought I would write a post on my favourite things of 2013.

BEAUTY
This mascara by Seventeen, called Doll'd Up, is the best mascara I have tried. It really curves my lashes and I don't need to use a curler! I like to build it up and it makes my lashes so thick and dark. And the curve lasts all day.



I love this cocoa butter moisturiser, it's from Palmer's and it is made with real cocoa butter. I have the fragrance free version, which is good if your skin is very sensitive. Because it's fragrance free it is great to use on your legs after shaving or waxing as it won't sting. I love this moisturiser because it absorbs quickly and perfectly, and it doesn't leave your skin greasy. For this reason it is the only moisturises I can use.



In 2013 I have bought my first Models Own products, and I love them. I currently have 4 nail varnishes and two lipsticks. The nail varnishes are beautiful and very pigmented, which I love in a varnish. They last for ages and I don't even use a proper top coat! 
The lipstick I have are two Lipstix, and I love the fact they have a really nice scent. They last a fair while after setting matt. 



My favourite lip balm ever is the Cocoa Butter Lip Care Stick from The Body Shop. I think I first bought it in 2012, but it's still my favourite. At some point last year I ran out, and because I was desperate I bought a Burt's Bees lip balm as I was close to Boots, and I didn't like it half of how much I like the one from The Body Shop. Definitely recommend if you have dry and cracked lips. It smells good too.



I used to have a lot of eyeshadows and palettes when I was a teenager, and then for some reason I stopped using them and just started to wear eyeliner all the time instead. So in 2013 I finally decided to start wearing eyeshadows again and bought my first palette in a few years. This is the matt colours from Sleek, and I use it every day. It is very versatile and I can create simple looks for work and also more colourful ones for going out.



FASHION
I love dresses. I wish I was wearing them more often. 
This gorgeous blue lace dress is from Forever 21, it is my favourite dress ever. I use it for VERY special occasions only. It is beautiful, so comfortable, great quality lace, and I think it suits me like nothing else. I feel really special when I wear it!



Another dress I bought in 2013 and I love, is this dark red flowery skater from New Look. It is more casual than the first dress, so I can wear it to go out during the day, but I can also dress it up very easily. I like that you don't need a bra as it's got support, it makes it very comfy.



These boots are also from New Look. I don't really wear heels that are too high, and this is the right hight for me. I love how they are so casual but have something about them that makes them that little bit special. 



FOOD
2013 was the year my boyfriend started to make pizza from scratch for dinner, and even though pizza is my favourite food in the entire world, the one he makes is my favourite :)

MUSIC
I have been listening to Kings of Leon since late 2009, but last year it's when I really fell in love with them and now they are my absolute favourite band!

Do you have any of these? What are your favourite items from 2013? I would love to know! :)

Alex

2 comments:

  1. Models own is my very favourite!!! Love their nail polishes xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I have just made an order taking advantage of their half price sale, have you? xx

      Delete