Tuesday 18 February 2014

Drugstore haul

Hello everyone!
During the last few days I have picked up some bits from Boots and Superdrug, so I thought I'd share them with you. 
I got some new products I haven't tried before, and some that I was repurchasing because I like them.


I love shopping for toiletries, and in our shopping center Boots and Superdrug are opposite each other so I always go have a look in one first and then in the other before buying anything! That way I can have a wider choice of products and prices.

First in my list were shampoo and conditioner, as I finally finished my old ones. I still haven't found the right shampoo for me, my hair is very dry and brittle at the ends, but my scalp is a bit oily, and our water is really, really hard, which makes everything worse. I have tried lots of different shampoos and conditioners but none of them satisfies me, so when I was in Boots the other day I noticed The Sleek Restorer by Garnier Ultimate Blends with coconut oil and cocoa butter for dry and fizzy hair, and the ingredients are quite good too! ! I try to avoid shampoos with silicon, or at least avoid them if silicons are at the top of the list, because they give you the impression your hair is smooth and shiny, but underneath it makes it worse, and it gets dirty by the day after washing it! So I was impressed by this shampoo (and it's price! Under £3) and I also got the conditioner to go with it. These were also in the bigger size, which I was tempted to buy, but I thought it's better to try them first so I went for the regular size. I have used them three times now, and so far I am very happy. I will do a review when I finish the bottles.

I also needed eye make up remover as I was running out of my No7 one, which I loved and hated at the same time, so I wanted to try a different brand as all the ones I've used so far haven't satisfied me fully. While in Boots, I spotted the Nivea Daily Essentials Double Effect Eye Make Up Remover, and this too I have used a few times times and liking it so far. Watch this space for a review!

After Boots I went to Superdrug where I wanted to get some face masks. I usually buy the packet ones at 99pence each or 4 for 3, but this time I wanted to buy a full size as I think this will make me want to use them more often. So I noticed they had 2 for £3.50 and I spent ages choosing which ones I wanted. In the end I picked the Detoxifying Face Mask with Dead Sea Mud for normal to oily skin and the De-Stressing Face Mask with Aloe Vera Extract for normal to combination skin. I haven't used them yet, but I cannot wait to try them as I love face masks!

The next products are a repurchase, I have been using these for over a year and although they're not perfect, they are the best products I have tried for my face. They are from Witch Naturally Clear with witch Hazel Extract, and they're for oily skin. I use the wipes every night to take my make up off (not on the eyes), and I alternate the foam on some mornings and the exfoliating wash on others. I have been wanting to do a review on these products as I've never come across anything online about them, it will probably be this or next week. 

Have you tried any of these products? What similar ones do you use?
Alex

2 comments:

  1. have you tried Johnson's baby shampoo? I know it sounds a bit silly but that is literally the best shampoo I've ever used! It sorted out my horrible dry end quickly and keeps them healthy. Do a post on how you find the facemasks, I'm currently looking for a new one that's cheaper than Lush.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your suggestion! However I am actually really happy about this shampoo, my hair feels really healthy, the ends are smooth and it feels fuller and cleaner for longer.
      I promise I will review the face masks when I have used them a few times :) xx

      Delete