Friday 28 February 2014

Guest post with Jess from justjess642.blogspot.co.uk

Hello everyone!
Today’s post is going to be a bit different, it’s something that hasn’t appeared on my blog before. I was looking to do something new and I thought why not host another blogger’s post! 
So I met the lovely Jess on Twitter and we decided to come up with 20 questions for an interview to post on each other’s blog. 
Jess’s blog is very new, she has a few posts about beauty and some about her life, and is  all very interesting to read. Her cute little dog is often a special guest and she is so cute it will make you want to come back to see more of her!
Well, enough from me now, here's Jess's interview!


Hi Guys!
So you may notice that this isn't Alex! Im Jess, from justjess642.blogspot.co.uk. Pop on over to my blog to read Alex's guest post.

1. Why and when did you start blogging?

I started blogging Monday 10th February 2014! So not that long ago.
I have been following Zoella for about a year now and I always loved reading her posts, and I thought 'You know what, I could do that!' I thought it would be lovely to have my own little corner of the internet where I could just be myself, no one would judge what I wrote or think I was silly. I could be myself and that could be whoever I wanted to be! Still to this day only one of my friends knows about my blog, because I like that its just me and my own little world. Whenever I used to go on twitter on my personal account I would be wary of what to tweet incase it was judged or someone thought it was silly, where as on my blog twitter I can put whatever I want. 

2. Where did you get the idea for your blog name?
'justjess' came from when I first started at my work place. I work in a studio full of guys and every dinner they would play Call of Duty, so I decided I wanted to join in. When they was setting it up on my Mac I had to have a player name and they asked what I wanted it to be, so I said 'I don't know, can't I have just jess?' and they literally typed justjess. So then it stuck!


3. What is your blog about, and what inspires your posts?
As I have just started my blog there isn't really a set rhythm yet, but I think it will generally based around lifestlye, with odd bits of beauty/fashion/DIY etc... thrown in. My inspiration for my posts come from whats going on in the world and what I'm doing with myself. So if I'm going away at the weekend I will write about that, or if my skin is bad I will write about what beauty products I will use to help it. My blog is kind of like a little diary for me as well which is probably why its based around lifestyle posts.

4. Where did you get your idea/inspiration for the design of your blog? Is there a story behind it?
Well I am currently decorating my bedroom, and I found the most gorgeous bedding ever! (Which you will find on my February Pay Day post) I just fell in love with the colours and prettiness of the design so I kind of based it on that using the pink and blue.

5. How often do you blog? Or plan to blog?
My plan is to blog every day, but that doesn't always happen! It did at the start when I had a few things I could talk about and I already had the pictures I needed for it, but now I am getting to grips with planning a post, planning what pictures I want, then taking the pictures, making sure its in the day so I get the best lighting (which is usually weekends as I work full time), emailing them to my mac at work which has photoshop, to then get the images ready to put on my blog and then writing it all out! So the planning and preparing of my posts can take about a week sometimes!

6. Do you ever suffer from blog envy? Wishing your blog looked as good as someone else's? Or wishing you had thought of that name?
YES! Far too often! I really like clean blogs with lots of white and a simple layout (this probably comes from being a graphic designer and liking everything white and clean!) so whenever I see one like that and they have a really nice logo/name, I'm like dam! why didn't I think of that! But I do really like my design and layout I think I need to work on my name and maybe pretty it up a little bit.

7. Do you prefer writing beauty blogs or lifestyle blogs?
Hmmmm, probably lifestyle! But thats because it comes easy and there is probably less planning! 

8. Where do you see your blog in a year’s time?
I have no idea! Probably just where it is now with a prettier design! I would hope to maybe gain some more followers but that doesn't matter too much, as long as there is someone reading what I write, and I feel like I am helping the world in some way then I am happy! I would maybe expand a little into youtube videos? but I don't quite know yet.

9. Who are your favourite bloggers? Blogs you read regularly.
Zoella! I just love her posts and videos! Also since joining the blogging world I realise there are a lot of us out there!! So I have found a few more that I like: Describe the SkyDesign SpongeDizzy BrunetteLiana BeautyOh So BridieA Beautiful Mess, and obviously Glitter and Cookies.   

10. What is one thing that can put you off reading a blog?
A terrible font!

11. What’s your view on high end products vs high street products?
I live life on minimum wage, saving for a house, saving for holidays, and saving for a new car. High street products all the way! 

12. What’s the worst beauty product you’ve tried, and why?
Ooo! Tough one! I would probably say Treseme Dry Shampoo Foam. I got it as part of a gift set for Christmas last year with a shampoo. It's probably the worst dry shampoo I have ever used, and kinda has the opposite affect as it adds grease into your hair! Plus it's very time wasting as you have to spray the foam into your hand and then massage through the hair which then leaves it wet, so you then have to dry it and restyle it, unlike normal dry shampoo. Definitely a 0/10!

13. Name one beauty product that you couldn't live without.
Batiste Dry Shampoo!

14. What do you do when you’re sad?
Go see my Mum, or give her a call! She makes everything better!

15. What is your dream job?
Hmmmm! Probably an Artist. But its not really ideal or realistic.

16. Are you more of a cat person or a dog person?
Take a look at my blog and you'll find out! 
Definitely a dog person, I adore dogs and have grown up with them! Plus I despise cats, ever since one viciously attacked me and scratched me all the way up my arm! There wasn't a plaster big enough so I had to have a bandage. A very traumatic time in a 7 year old's life! (Overload on the exclamation marks!!!)

17. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I would have a little villa on the west coast of France, right on the beach. Obviously the village close by would be occupied by my whole family! 

18. Do you have a dream wedding dress? If so, what is it like?
I do! I am rubbish at describing things like this, it's quite simple, a white or cream A-line dress. With lace from the neck down to the bust, then a sweetheart bust where a material is underneath the lace. Then detail around the waist trailing off into the skirt! Either no sleeves or long lace sleeves, and a button back on the lace. I think that's quite precise! 

19. What is your favourite film?
I don't have one, I have about 100! My top 5 are How to lose a guy in 10 days, Sweet Home Alabama, My Best Friends Wedding, Pretty Woman, and The Vow. Maybe, there are so many! But I love these!

20. Coca Cola or Pepsi?
Pepsi. Pepsi Max to be exact.


1 comment:

  1. Number 2 is hilarious lol! Agree on number 10, I like blogs written with a clean font which is easy to read. And your dream wedding dress sounds gorgeous! :) xx

    ReplyDelete