Thursday 13 February 2014

Models Own Haul

Hello everyone! 
Recently Models Own have had a half price sale and being a big fan of their nail polishes I decided to treat myself. At £2.50 for 14ml each bottle and the quality you get, it was a massive bargain!
I have bought a few nail polishes, including a matt top coat, a blush, and a nail file/buffer.

I already own loads of nail polish so I have chosen these new colours very carefully as I would hate to have doubles. I realised I mostly have metallic/regular shades, so I wanted to get myself some pastel colours, and these are the ones I picked.


Lilac Sheen is from their new gel range, and I am wearing it as I type. I never really thought about lilac nail polish before, but like I said I wanted new colours, and I thought this one would be perfect as it's not similar to anything I've had before. 
To be honest I'm not really fussed about the gel side of it, as long as it's very pigmented, applies well and lasts a decent amount of time then I'm happy :) As I've literally just painted my nails, I can't comment on the duration, but it was a pleasure to apply, one coat of dense, extremely pigmented colour. 
The other two colours I picked are this gorgeous light blue (Blueberry Muffin) and mint green (Apple Pie), and both are from the scented range. I have always been a bit shy towards scented polishes, but since buying one by mistake from Rimmel, I feel more comfortable. I haven't tried these two yet, but I'm pretty sure I won't be disappointed.

The matt topcoat is the main bit in my order, as I hadn't tried one yet, and I had waited for the Models Own one to come out. I have been thinking about how to use it, so I will post something soon.

I needed a new nail file/buffer so I decided to add it to my order and see how I like this one. I haven't tried it yet but I'm sure it will be fine haha.

The last thing I bought is the powder blush. I should say I am a bit obsessed with pink blushes, and even thought it's really hard for me to admit, I don't think they are the right shade for me. Since I was running out of my Seventeen one, I bought this Models Own one in the shade 001. I am very pale, and this is, sadly, too light for me, you can't even see it (how is that possible!). I have only tried it once, so I will have to play with it a bit more I guess. I was a bit disappointed because their polishes and pencil lipsticks are great. 



Anyway, I have to say I was very disappointed by the service as it took them a week to dispatch my parcel and an extra couple of days for it to be delivered. I kept seeing on Twitter etc all these girls receiving their orders within 2 days :( but I've got my items now, so all is good. The parcel was carefully put together and I really appreciated it, it was a small box in a Models Own sleeve, and inside there was a pretty paper and the precious bottles were wrapped in bubble wrap. It's always nice to see parcels packed with care!

Did you order anything during their half price sale? I would love to see your pretty treats :)

Alex

18 comments:

  1. nice colors :) | vanillia96.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried Models Own but the nail polish shades are definitely gorgeous! I wish I knew about the half price sale!

    M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really good polishes, if you have a bottle shop near you they do offers all the time :) xx

      Delete
  3. How did I miss the sale? I love Models Own polishes especially their pastel ones. You chose some good ones.

    Raise The Waves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm really loving pastels at the moment x

      Delete
  4. is the nailpolish long lasting?
    nice review :D

    we can follow each other ;)

    http://styleonmel.blogspot.com/2014/02/kul-streets.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the nail shades you picked ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to try the Models Own polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great haul!!! Since I am obsessed with minty and lilac shades I already own these two nail polishes (not the Hyper Gel though) and I must tell you - you won't be dissapointed! :)

    Mademoiselle-Lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The nail polishes are so pretty, love the pastel colours!

    http://www.mabsoph.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I needed some pastels in my life hehe xx

      Delete
  9. I love the nail polish colours they are so pretty especially the mint green! Think I might buy myself one!!
    Emparkerblog.blogspot.co.uk
    Em x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! I've just had the lilac one on for a week and now can't decide which one to try next lol xx

      Delete