Friday 21 February 2014

How I finally got rid of my acne

Hello everyone!
Today I want to share a secret with you, because I know it will be useful to many. 
If you've never suffered with acne you're probably a very rare case! I have suffered with hormonal acne for ten years (!!) and during those long years I tried everything: all sorts of creams, face washes, antibiotics, changed my diet, etc., but as my acne was hormonal, nothing ever helped.
The only thing I found to help me was the contraceptive pill. But I've never liked the idea of taking a drug and be dependant on it. And after being on my first pill for a while, I wasn't liking the way it made me feel, so I asked my doctor to let me try a different one. The problem with the second pill was that it wasn't helping with my acne, so I had to change again. As you all probably know, not all pills are the same, this is why not all of them could help me to get rid of my acne. 
So I kept switching because they either gave me side effects, or weren't helping me with my problem.
At the end of last year I was shopping with my mum and she spotted a herbal drug which was being sold as a herbal remedy for bad skin. After speaking to the shop assistant, I was convinced to try it. 
After the first couple of days I started seeing a good improvement. 
When I finished the pills, my skin was so clear that everyone noticed, so I wanted to get some more to make sure I had finally got rid of my acne for good. As I bought the first box abroad, I wasn't able to find the same product in the U.K., but I decided to go to Holland and Barrett and show them the ingredients, I thought they must have the same product with a different name. And so it was! Here it is simply called Agnus Castus, which is the plant these pills are made of. Apparently it's a bush from the same family of the vine, and its extract has been known for centuries as a remedy for hormonal imbalance in women, that's why it has helped cure my acne! 


I have stopped taking this nearly two months ago after taking it everyday for two months, and the acne hasn't been back! I do get the occasional spot, but they are a different matter. I use a quite heavy foundation which is why I get a tiny spot once in a while, but these have nothing to do with hormonal acne. My acne was perennial on my jaws, cheeks, and under my chin, horrible huge red cysts under my skin which are now finally gone. 
I am quite shocked at having wasted ten years with useless products and artificial drugs, when all I needed was Agnus Castus for only two months. I have seen so many doctors in the past and not one was ever able to help me. 
If you too have hormonal acne and your doctor says it will go away on it's own, don't waste your life waiting for it to happen, try this herbal pill. The only problem with it is that it's incompatible with the contraceptive pill so you might have to change habits for a while, but I think it's totally worth it. 
Please let me know if you've ever heard of Agnus Castus or if you've ever tried it, I would love to know! :)
Alex 

12 comments:

  1. Thank you for this post! I have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, and thank you for reading :) let me know if you try this x

      Delete
  2. I am so excited by this post! My acne isn't is bad as it use to be, but I would love to be rid of it for good! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be curious to see how you get on if you try this :) xx

      Delete
  3. We thoroughly enjoyed this post, what a great product!
    Congrats on beating acne, it can deffo be a pain. We will definitely recommend this to family & friends :)
    - BG team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by! I am so happy to have beaten acne, what a great feeling not having to deal with it anymore. x

      Delete
  4. I am literally in the same boat as you, i have been suffering for a year now and have finally given in to roaccutane after changing my diet, products, pills etc. My skin is actually improving with roaccutant but I am eager to try this as i know mine is too, hormonal. Thank you for the recommendation!
    (doctors are useless! haha)

    Mollie xoxo
    molliebylett.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're most welcome. I had been thinking about trying roaccutane too at the time, but I have to be honest, the side effects, particularly depression, were what kept me from giving it a go. I hope you haven't experienced anything like that whilst taking that drug, and if you do try this extract I would be curious to know if it works for you, hopefully it will! xxx

      Delete
  5. Very helpful post! I had never even heard that you can use cactus extract to fight acne. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, be careful, it's not cactus, but agnus castus, a type of bushy vine. And thank you! :) xx

      Delete
  6. Great post! I'll have to stop by my local Holland and Barretts soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Let me know if it works out for you :) xx

      Delete